[et_pb_section admin_label=”section”][et_pb_row admin_label=”row”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
We’ve had a lot of new students join the Private Label University community in the last few weeks, and if you’re one of them, we’re SO thrilled you’re here.
Many of you are asking great questions in our Facebook Group— like how to start looking for viable products to sell, or the best way to get started on Amazon FBA, or how to register your brand, or just simply wondering where you should start.
We’re so glad you’re asking these questions, and we’re going to be posting a few blogs in the coming weeks to help you find the answers you need.
And if you haven’t already, please remember to take advantage of our FREE 5-day Fast Track Bootcamp to Private Labeling, where we give you the knowledge and tips you need to source, import and private label products.
Today, we want to give you an overview of the private labeling process. On a basic level, here’s what you need to do:
(1) Conduct product research and choose your product. Get in the mindset of looking for products everywhere you go. Ideas are the seeds for everything else, so just write down as many ideas as you can over the course of a few weeks. See what products are trending by researching the best sellers on Amazon, Ebay and Shopify:
- Amazon’s best sellers are updated hourly
- Ebay regularly outlines what’s new and hot on this page
- Shopify keeps an updated list of which products are trending on their selling platform
If you feel like product research is incredibly time consuming, then you’re doing it right. When you’re in the thick of it, remind yourself that this is completely normal and necessary to find the best products. We’ve seen it over and over again – sellers that put in the time and effort now will save money later.
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Private Labeling Success Starts at the Canton Fair” global_module=”2893″ saved_tabs=”all” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”center” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text” background_layout=”light” text_orientation=”left” use_border_color=”off” border_color=”#ffffff” border_style=”solid”]
(3) Take care of the business details, like creating a business entity, registering your brand, launching a website for your product and obtaining any necessary trademarks or patents. Our FREE 5-day Fast Track Bootcamp to Private Labeling would be the best place to start for some this information. Also note that we discuss these details at length in our online course that discusses the sourcing and importing formula that big box chain stores and top Amazon sellers use.
(4) Create an optimized listing for your product page and get initial reviews. Once you’ve received your samples and are satisfied, it’s time to order your product and get it online! We recommend keeping it simple at first, as you can always refine and improve as demand for your product grows. You’ll need simple packaging that proudly represents your brand, a UPC code, and if you’re selling on Amazon, you’ll need an FNSKU (the UPC and FNSKU are specific codes that identify your product). Once you make some sales, be sure to get those customers to write reviews for you. Good reviews are HUGE for product success on selling platforms.
(5) Drive sales using tools like Amazon pay-per-click (PPC), sponsored ads, social media campaigns, etc. Using PPC and sponsored ads is fairly intuitive when you’re in your seller account. Social media campaigns are wildly important for maximizing organic traffic to your product listing. We recommended using Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook at a minimum. Having a strong social media following will also help garner support and free advertising when you officially launch your product.
Of course all of us want to see your business humming along nicely. Success as an online seller doesn’t happen overnight, but with careful research, preparation, commitment to the process, and perhaps a bit of one-on-one coaching with the experts, we’re confident you’ll be making the killer income you’ve been longing for!